The Fall 2019 Trent Center Responsible Conduct of Research short course is under way. The next course will be held in the fall of 2020. The course is open to recipients of NIH training grants and fulfills the NIH requirement for RCR education for trainees. Course materials and refreshments are provided. Sessions begin with a 30-45 minute lecture in the Learning Hall (Rm. 2050) in the Trent Semans Center for Health Education. The lectures are followed by small group case discussions.
Attendance at all sessions is required for credit. Sessions include:
- Ethical issues and underlying challenges in research
- Authorship, peer review, and publication
- Bias and other subjective influences in science
- Intellectual property and conflicts of interest
- Principles, codes, and practices to promote ethics and integrity
If you're interested in attending the fall 2020 course, please email the Trent Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: This course does NOT fulfill the faculty and staff RCR training requirement. For information on those courses please visit: https://medschool.duke.edu/research/research-support-offices/duke-office-scientific-integrity/responsible-conduct-research-program.