Registration is now open for the Fall 2019 Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) course.
This course will be held 8:00-9:45am on Tuesday mornings, September 17, 24, October 1, 15, 22 (skipping October 8). The course is open to recipients of NIH training grants and fulfills the NIH requirement for RCR education for trainees. Course materials and refreshments will be provided. Sessions begin with a 30-45 minute lecture in the Learning Hall (Rm. 2050) in the Trent Semans Center for Health Education. The lecture will be followed by small group case discussions.
Attendance at all sessions is required for credit. Sessions include:
- Ethical issues and underlying challenges in research
- Authorship, peer review, and publication
- Bias and other subjective influences in science
- Intellectual property and conflicts of interest
- Principles, codes, and practices to promote ethics and integrity
To register, please email the Trent Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration deadline is Monday, August 26, 2019.
NOTE: This course does NOT fulfill the faculty and staff RCR training requirement. For information on those courses please visit: https://medschool.duke.edu/research/research-support-offices/duke-office-scientific-integrity/responsible-conduct-research-program.